Monday

Cafe: Cannellini bean, leek, and spinach soup

Eating a good amount of fried food over the weekend made me feel sluggish and made my face feel greasy. Oh well, I was yearning for comfort food and paid the price for it. To make up for those diet missteps, here's a recipe for Cannellini bean soup.  This is a recipe from my husband. The original source is - yikes, he doesn't know.  I'm not a big fan of soups but this one's satisfying and my tummy is full now.  The following recipe is perfect for two people, maybe three. Mmm, next time, I'm going to try adding salmon collar into the soup.  Maybe I'll have a fancy camera by then and be featured in my favorite food p0hrn [sic] website, tastespotting.

Cannelini bean, leek, and spinach soup

1 tsp olive oil
2 leeks
4 gloves garlic (we love garlic)
1.5 cups chicken broth (I'm sure vegetable broth would be a fine substitute)
1 bay leaf
1 cup of fresh spinach
1  fifteen oz can of cannellini beans
salt  and peper

Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; saute for a few minutes until the leeks become translucent (about 3-5 minutes). Add cumin, then broth, then beans and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.  Stir in spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Remove bay leaf before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment