Monday

5 tools for Paperless Wedding Planning



#1  Google Docs  - Wedding
If you haven't started using Google Docs yet for your wedding planning, you're missing out! It's great if you don't want to trek around your wedding binder.  I recommend using Style Me Pretty's Google Wedding Docs. SMP + Google, seriously? Come on, who else can beat that?

#2 Evernote
Back when theknot let brides made their own bios, I copied links and pictures like crazy from wedding blogs, photographers, and planners' websites to create my ultimate bio. The stuff I saved from the web were scattered everywhere: on my desktop, my camera, Google Docs, and my wedding binder.  It was a chore to find everything.  With Evernote, I could have saved all those links and pictures in an online database indexed by notebooks and tags. You can even save pdfs and search for words in that pdf file! Check out how this bride used Evernote here.  There's even Evernote for cell phone and for twitter. You can capture information when you're up and about on your bridal tour, at your local bridal show or take pictures of your potential wedding flowers at your local flower mart.  Find a cool musician or hear a cool song you want to play at your wedding? Evernote will let you capture audio as well.





#3  Scanner
Another way to reduce paper clutter is by owning a scanner.  I learned how to do this from Unclutterer (a terrific blog about getting and staying organized).  Just from personal experience, I would recommend the Fujitsu Scan Snap.  I don't have to worry about faxing documents ever again if I can just scan and email them instead. The best part is that I can easily scan to Evernote. I scan my business cards so my rolodex is always searchable and accessible online. 





#4  USB thumb drive
Picture this - you are meeting a friend after your wedding and you want to show off your wedding pictures - Well, if your pictures are no longer on a website, you can always tote around a USB drive with tons of storage space. My favorite USB drive is the LaCie iamakey. It's sturdy, small, and fits easily on your keychain. There's even a 32 GB one.  

#5  Portable Apps
Or you want to show someone your favorite websites but you forgot the name or link-  
Not all is lost if you have your trusty USB drive and downloaded a portable app suite onto it.  I use PortableApps (one of Lifehacker's Best Portable Apps Suites)  which includes a downloadable portable Mozilla Firefox so you can take your bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords wherever you go.  




No comments:

Post a Comment